Saturday, October 17, 2009

South America Mission Trip Leg 4

Well, we set off after breakfast for Argentina to get the bus. This involves crossing the bridge from Pasayndu. We get to the bridge and have to pass through customs, pay the toll, ad then on our way. We arrived at th station. had time for a soda, and then off to Guadalachiu. I am sure some of this is a repeat, not that I think about it!

We toured Guadaluchu with theGossen family. What we learned was shocking. This city is known as the most corrupt city in te country. the have a Madi Gra type festival there every year that continues each weekend during Jan. and Feb. Both the pastor and those with him commented as to the sinfulness of this event! in addition they are currently errecting an idol. it has some religious signifcance, as it is a wodden carved statue of a crucifix, but Iam told that there is something else associated with this type of carving.

We enjoyed felloship at the church in Guadalachu. This was a wonderful evening of Empanadas, and testimony. thi schurch is located in the center of town an easy access to just about anyone who wants to come. This evening was very well attended, with several men in attendance.

Pastor Steve West and I were roommates once again. We have bee together sine our shared evening with the Duarte's. Both our churches support their ministry in Frey Bentos.

Morning came early as we had to pack, load, and have breakfast before 8am. The bus was leaving for BA at 8:30am. We made it there in plently of time. What I am finding is that I have brought way too much stuff. With all of the washing that we have been able to do, I could have come with half as much clothes. Tonight, Fritzie Strong will be washing for me again. I think that I am going to arrange things in my suitcases so that I only have to take one bag when we travel to Temuco on Monday evening.

Anyway, back to this leg. We had a three hour bus ride from Guadalachu to BA. The bus stopped twice along the way and they had a "breakfat" plate for each person on the bus. These busses are interesting. They are double decker, with coffe and water service, as well as bathrooms. The seats ca recline almost verticle to allow you to sleep during night trips.

We arrived in BA at about noon. This is one of the biggest bus terminals I have ever seen! I think that there ere over 70 slots for busses. One lady tapped me on the shoulder and told me that we are in Buenos Aries now and that I should move my passport to my front pocket, or it could easily be taken! Needless to say, we watched our luggage VERY carefully, and went to the bathroom in shifts!

Bob and FRitzie Strong were waiting for me at the terminal. I will be with them until Monday afternoon. they will then take me to the airport. I will be seeing their youth meetings, spanish and English Services. Tonight we wil be taking the subway into the city so that we can walk around and see the sites.

Well, that is it for leg 4. Will write more soon.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESITONS, PLEASE COMMENT ON A POST AND I WILL TRY TO ANSWER THEM.

No comments:

Post a Comment