Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sermon Series on Thankfulness

Last Sunday I started a series of messages on thankfulness. The first text was 2 Cor 9:15 -- thanks for God's indescribable gift. What was profound was that this indescribable gift was God's grace with reference to giving. Now, as I am working on the message for Sunday AM, I am focussed on John 14:15-27. I am looking at the thought of being thankful for the Holy Spirit. It is amazing, that within this text, we are exposed to at least four advantages of the Spirits presence in our lives; He is with us forever, He lives both with and in us, He teaches us, and reminds us of the teaching of Christ. I am sure that there are more characteristics of this wonderful gift of God to us, I just have not rooted them out yet. That, I pray will come as I continue to study and prepare.

No comments:

Post a Comment