Sunday, October 18, 2009

South America Mission Trip 4.2

This morning I spoke at the English speaking Bible Study. There were about 8 people there. It was a wonderful time of fellowship with believers. I spoke from Hab. 3 on our attitude towards God. Afterwards we had lunch upstairs in the residence, and went out with the young people to one of the plazas for youth outreach. I was able to share with those who came around. I used some illusions to present the gospel, and then the college agers took over with music and helped each child make a wordless bracelet. While they were doing this Bill introduced me to a member of the church who is "houseless". He lives at the end of the plaza. He has part of the sidewalk decked out as his home. He is quite articulate and knowledgeable about the Scriptures. He attended the evening service later this day.

After meeting this believer, Bob and I walked about 10 blocks to the flower shop in order to get flowers for any mothers who would be in attendance tonight. The main service for the church is in the evening. This service was well attended, and I spoke on 2 Peter 1:3-11, challenging those there to live for Christ now, making the effort to live the Christian life.

As I am writing this blog, Bob is having a leadership meeting downstairs. Afterwards, he, Fritzie, and I will enjoy a light dinner and then off to bed. We have a big day tomorrow. We will be travelling to the previous church plant Bob and Fritzie were involved with . This work has been turned over to nationals!

I have so many pictures at this point, that I will have a lot of editing to do in order to have an acceptable presentation length when I get home.

Tomorrow I will be flying out of the BA airport at 5:50pm to Santiago, and then the dreaded bus trip to Temuko!

Bob and Fritzie send their greetings, as does the church here. Bye for now!

Hey, the spell checker is working!

No comments:

Post a Comment