Tuesday, October 20, 2009

South America Mission Trip Leg 5

I woke to a wonderful breakfast with Bob and Fritzie, and then off to one of their previous works in BA. On the way there we stopped in Boca. This is a community at the mouth of the river. It is very ornate, and also a great place to pick up momentos of the trip. We shopped a bit, had lunch *T Bone and fries(, and then off to the ministry church.

The church was wonderful. It is fully nationalized and doing well. Bob was the designer of the building. It is both efficient and open. It is located in a good neighboorhood and there has been success in winning the community to Christ!

From the church we headed to the airport, where I was met by Terry THompson and his wife. They assisted me with my ticket, and then became aware that the flight was leaving an hour earlier than ticketed. I navigated customs with no problem and was with the rest of the team in plenty of time.

The flight from BA to Santiago was about 2.5 hours. The plane was spacious, and I was able to get some sleep. They served us a snack on the plane and I had a Havana cookie. This is a cookie similar to an Oreo, but it is chocolate covered and the filling is dulch leche. I will have to bring some home for others to try *first come first serve(!

In Santiago, we were met by Bill Park's Son. Bill is our team leader. We went to the Airport Dunkin Donuts for coffee and to wait till we had to leave to board the bus. During this time, I paired down my luggage so as to bring only one bag on the bus.

The bus station was not as large as the one in BA but we were warned to be warry of pickpockets!

We immediately got on to the bus. The seats are huge, comfortable, and recline almost flat. I was able toget some sleep on the bus. The bus pulled out at 10:50pm, and arrived at 7:00am in Temuko. We were met immediately by missionaries when we arrived, and were loaded up and taken to the Bible Institute for breakfast.

After breakfast, we participated in chapel. I had the opportunity to share a word of testimony. When chapel concluded, the group went back to where we are staying for a time of prayer, and then off to the center of town (vary of pickpockets). We walked around in the merchant area until we needed to be back for the pastor's luncheon. While there we heard testimonies of two of the BI students.

Later on today, we will be heading out to tour the other ministries of GMSA in Temuko.

That is all for now! I will write again!

No comments:

Post a Comment